Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you carry or do you carry at all while doing yard work? I usually wear a t-shirt and exercise style shorts. I put my gun in the pocket of these shorts once and I had to hold them up even with the string tied. I can open carry or concealed carry I'm just looking for suggestions on what people have found that works.

Just using my iwb carry holster won't work

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
My IWB around the home.
IWB or OWB at the ranch.
Soon to be less of an issue. Submitted an offer on a ranch of our own.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Either pocket or pocket and IWB. Depends what I'm doing. You have to dress around the gun.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Five fenced acres. I IWB my my HK P2000 with or without a tool belt. I'm installing horse waterers and was out there yesterday trenching, laying PVC, etc. I hardly notice the gun. Also wear a front "fanny" pack for better connection with my BT hearing aid interface:) Annotated Tool Belt.jpg

·
Registered
194 Posts
Not doing much of it this year due to a bum knee, but when I do yard work I pocket carry in the cargo pocket of cargo pants or shorts, depending on the time of year.

·
Registered
5,051 Posts
Drop an LCP in a Nemisis holster in my pocket. Its the only firearm I can carry anywhere,anytime in any shorts. Usually accompanied by a 357 revolver but, in your scenario it just works all by itself.

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
Sometimes I pocket carry a S&W 442, even in basketball shorts. Usually, I IWB a PPS in cargo shorts or jeans. Sometimes I...don't carry! :popout2: (just for a minute :wink: )

Sometimes I go places where guns are banned, like taking your kids to the ER. Agreeing to pick up a loved one from the hospital. I've even gotten a package from the Post Office. :ahhhhh:

I snorkel, sail, ...shower. Self defense is a priority that impacts everything I do. It doesn't incapacitate me.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Usually, I wear bib-overalls when knocking around the yard. A Galco Belly Band (worn above my naval) holds (most) any handgun I own just behind the bib. No one notices my unbuttoned shirt (or no shirt) for immediate handgun access.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I have a fifty cal. mounted on a tripod on my push mower. This seems to work.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I don't carry when I do yard work.
How do you carry or do you carry at all while doing yard work? I usually wear a t-shirt and exercise style shorts. I put my gun in the pocket of these shorts once and I had to hold them up even with the string tied. I can open carry or concealed carry I'm just looking for suggestions on what people have found that works.

Just using my iwb carry holster won't work

Reactions: SWIll and SteveMac

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sometimes I pocket carry a S&W 442, even in basketball shorts. Usually, I IWB a PPS in cargo shorts or jeans. Sometimes I...don't carry! :popout2: (just for a minute :wink: )

Sometimes I go places where guns are banned, like taking your kids to the ER. Agreeing to pick up a loved one from the hospital. I've even gotten a package from the Post Office. :ahhhhh:

I snorkel, sail, ...shower. Self defense is a priority that impacts everything I do. It doesn't incapacitate me.
Not sure if this is a sarcastic response or your just being an ass?

I currently do not carry while doing yard work and I was considering starting so I was looking for suggestions.

There are plenty of times I don't carry. Can't carry at work, wife is in the hospital often can't carry there. Don't carry in my house either.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
My home is a place where I relax and turn off the stresses of everyday life. I always have a firearm "available" while at home but not on my person. I carry a 97% of the time while out in public and when I am in public, I am [ON]. When I am home, I am [in neutral]. It doesn't mean that I am oblivious to the possibility that danger make seek me out while in my yard. I stay aware to what is going on and I do keep in mind that if I need a weapon, I will have to get it. I wont arm myself to walk around my kitchen or to pull weeds in the yard. Sometime a person just needs to mentally put a fishing pole in the water, I think its healthy.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The main reason I would want to carry while doing yard work is for 4 legged threats not 2 legged.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I maintain 3 acres of homestead and 99% of the time I carry my Colt Det-Sp loaded with 3 snake shot and 3 FMJs, snake load up first. I normally carry OWB in a Buchiemer Semi Shoulder-left side, cross draw position. My alternate is a Bianchi 9R1 for when I'm dressed in lighter weight clothes and don't want the extra weight on my belt-same gun. These two options work very well for me.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
I maintain 3 acres of homestead and 99% of the time I carry my Colt Det-Sp loaded with 3 snake shot and 3 FMJs, snake load up first. I normally carry OWB in a Buchiemer Semi Shoulder-left side, cross draw position. My alternate is a Bianchi 9R1 for when I'm dressed in lighter weight clothes and don't want the extra weight on my belt-same gun. These two options work very well for me.
I can relate to the need of a snake gun from time to time... I generally remove snakes with a cane pole and a bucket

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I can relate to the need of a snake gun from time to time... I generally remove snakes with a cane pole and a bucket

we live on lakefront property so you never know what's going to be slithering around in the tall grass. My wife is usually the spotter. IF I could only get her to carry the snake loads!

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
Option 1: wear cargo shorts with a holster and \ or pocket carry PM9 / Glock 43.
Option 2: Smartcarry (pictured)
Youcan3.jpg
Youcan4.jpg

1 - 20 of 34 Posts