Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to all who participated in my last two posts on Yay or Nay regarding two revolvers a Ruger Security Six and a Smith and Wesson model 36. My final choice was the model 36 which I purchased for $500 and boy am I happy with my decision. Model 36 square butt with a 3 inch barrel not what one would call rare but it's no as common as other model 36 versions. A quick online search shows this to be a 1969 build the first year that the "J" serial number was used and it just happens to be my birth year 馃榿. The revolver looks to have been fired very very little easily less than a box from my experience with revolvers and their wear. Two negatives the grips are not original as someone "customized" the right panel as you will see in the picture and there is a blemish on the right side that looks like a scratch but isn't and in hand does not show as prominently as it does in the picture. The grips will be replaced with a matching set and I need to sit down and really look at that blemish. Don't worry I won't try and buff it out. Pics!!!!
Air gun Trigger Revolver Wood Gun barrel

Air gun Wood Gun barrel Trigger Everyday carry

Premium Member
Nice revolver. Congratulations.

Premium Member
Congratulations on your very wise decision! I'm sure you will love shooting that little gem. If you get the ruger also, you "might" note that LONG trigger pull on Rugers compared to S&W revolvers. Just sayin'

Super Moderator
You were caught between two good choices, and there was no "wrong" answer. If nothing else, the 3" snub is quite a bit more rare than its 2" cousins, and since you've got the .357 niche covered already, you chose well. Enjoy - then give us a range report!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts