Defensive Carry banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Well yall helped me decide that I should purchase it I'll give them a call Monday and pay for it. Unfortunately the Wife has the rona so it will he a while before I can go pick it up the shop is a few hour away but around here thats just a little down the road.

·
Registered
7,378 Posts
Any revolver is a yay!
We like the 357’s, easier to make ammo for. My favorite is a 6” Smith I keep by the bed, too long for me to carry but I aim it pretty good.

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
I'm not into antiques.

Reactions: Rabbit212

·
Registered
7,378 Posts
Well yall helped me decide that I should purchase it I'll give them a call Monday and pay for it. Unfortunately the Wife has the rona so it will he a while before I can go pick it up the shop is a few hour away but around here thats just a little down the road.
Lol, we “helped you decide to buy it”? You come to a group of gun enablers to ask if you should get a gun, what did you think we would say 🤣

Rabbit you knew darn good and well we would tell you to get the gun, but now you can say we “talked you into it” 😂 , it’s our fault you are gonna get that gun. Do they have two of them? If so, well then you need two because you have a wife that needs one too. How about three? You may need one in the kitchen and one by the bed just in case!

Enjoy your purchase, your gonna love it! 😊

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
I had a 1982 model Stainless Security Six one of the best revolvers I have ever owned. Shot expert in the Police Academy with it. Unfortunately an old friend talked me out of it years ago:( If I ever find another like it I WILL get it! BTW, a Wolff spring kit does wonders for the trigger with no gunsmithing!

edit: if you ever find a Ruger Speed Six, get it they are great as well! (y)

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
I have a Ruger Security Six in stainless steel with the four inch barrel which I bought new for $172.50 in 1976. Stamped into the left side of the frame is, "Made in the 200th year of American liberty". I installed Pachmayr grips and used red nail polish to paint a mark on the front sight ramp. Great shooter and a keeper. Very high quality.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I don't do plastic!
Out of 11 handguns in our collection, unfortunately out in the pond, are 10 revolvers.
As for the S&W! It will not disappoint you take care of it.
My pop had a J frame model 10 obtained in the early 60"s, and still is tight.
it is my opinion about handguns in general, but I am not an expert in any manner.
I figure that the letters S&W,GP,SP, mean good stuff
Go for either one of the guns shown and you will not regret your choice.
TKH

21 - 40 of 49 Posts