Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
I've been wondering about that. Not sure I'll watch it, though. I watched all of the first season, and realized there is not one person that is likable, except for the old Indian chief. The acting is good and all, but it's hard for me to watch a show with no redeeming value.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Yep, everyone has problems, even the old chief. Coming back on the 43rd anniversary of my 1st date with my wife, and my moms bd, since the wife liked the series, I think Kayce kind of fit her personality!, it's a DATE NIGHT for sure!
Wonder how they will factor in the deadly cancer riddling John Dutton, will Kayce ever learn to control himself... Lord sounds like a soap opera, or horse opera. :walamabanana:
Though it does feed the desire for straight forward, hard charging solutions in a chaotic world.

·
Premium Member
3,996 Posts
Guess I missed this. Is it cable only, or can I watch it on antenna TV. I couldn't determine the time period it was set in, by looking it up on Wikipedia. Are there lots of guns/interesting weapons?

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Guess I missed this. Is it cable only, or can I watch it on antenna TV. I couldn't determine the time period it was set in, by looking it up on Wikipedia. Are there lots of guns/interesting weapons?
It's about a rancher getting older with kids that don't care about his ranch. All spoiled. It's on the Paramount channel.(I guess I spelled that right?)

·
Registered
712 Posts
I'm going to check this out. First I've heard of it. Wonder if it's available on Netflix.

Edit: The will have it on DVD eventually. More than likely won't be available to ship until after the start of season 2. Right now it is in my saved queue.

·
Registered
34,034 Posts
It's current time. Rich, controlling rancher with rotten kids as Gabil mentioned, but a lot deeper and darker. Sort of a Dallas/Goodfellows cross. I watched it on either Amazon or Netflick, can't remember which.

Reactions: Gabill and Pete63

·
Premium Member
3,996 Posts
It's current time. Rich, controlling rancher with rotten kids as Gabil mentioned, but a lot deeper and darker. Sort of a Dallas/Goodfellows cross. I watched it on either Amazon or Netflick, can't remember which.
Thanks! O.V.

·
Premium Member
3,993 Posts
Those two guys should have laid on the floor of the trailer instead of constantly trying to stand up.

I don't see how that's Jamie's problem though, he didn't tell the agent to kill them.

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
It's not on Netflix in my neck of the woods - maybe later.

·
Administrator
143,384 Posts
Those two guys should have laid on the floor of the trailer instead of constantly trying to stand up.

I don't see how that's Jamie's problem though, he didn't tell the agent to kill them.
Doggone It! I have it recorded & haven't watched it yet. Jeanlouise....you just ruined the episode for me!
50 infraction points and a warning to post...SPOILER ALERT!!!

Just kidding - I already watched it.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I tried watching it...made it maybe 5 eps in and gave up. For me, the writing was awful, the acting was sub par, and Costner is a mis cast. My wife says it's just Dynasty on a ranch.
But I also found similar problems with Sons of Anarchy...so what do I know? lol.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
My wife and I got hooked on it several weeks back. We were able to watch the first season for free but could not find season #2 anywhere but Amazon Prime. We wound up buying and watching the whole season over a couple of weekends......I must admit we had to pace ourselves or we probably could have watched it the first weekend.;)

Recored the first episode of season 3 and watched it middle of the week but watched episode #2 last night. We enjoy the show.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts