Defensive Carry banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months back I decided to order another Wing Claw 2.5 holster from JM Custom Kydex for my EDC X9 that would "capture" (or pin) the ambidextrous safety on my EDC X9. I also decided to try the "extra tuck" feature they offer on this holster to eliminate the use of a wedge of neoprene or the Dr. Scholls heel pad "hack" to wedge the holster into my body.

Today the holster showed up and this is undoubtedly the best holster I have from JMCK.

Wood Household hardware Finger Tool Hand tool

The holster above was the previous holster. If you look along the left side of the holster in the photo, you can see that the side of the holster is essentially flat. This is where I had attached velcro and a "heel pad" to the holster in lieu of using a neoprene wedge.

Hand Wood Tool Finger Bicycle part

Here's the new holster with the "extra tuck," i.e., the bulb on the lower left side of the holster.

Hand Finger Handgun holster Wood Metal

In this photo you can see the pinned safety. You can also see the dust around the firing pin that I need to clean out.

Sleeve Military uniform Collar Grey Military camouflage

In this last photo you can see how the holster rides. It definitely lays flatter against my body and rides much more securely. If you order an AIWB holster, I highly recommend the extra tuck feature.

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I briefly tried my Staccato C AIWB. Seemed pretty comfortable unless I was sitting in a car. Not sure what to do about that but it's certainly a carry method that conceals extremely well.
I've driven for 9 hours carrying AIWB with no discomfort.

Reactions: Pete63

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
6,357 Posts
@G26Raven I appreciate you posting this. 2 years of ownership, & I'm still shopping for a AIWB holster for my BHP. :unsure: Checked them out, and thinking I may go with what you have, for it.
Edit: Well I see they don't have a BHP model, BUT do have one for my "New FN". So, they still may get my business! :)

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@G26Raven I appreciate you posting this. 2 years of ownership, & I'm still shopping for a AIWB holster for my BHP. :unsure: Checked them out, and thinking I may go with what you have, for it.
Not sure, but it does not appear they make a holster for your BHP. I would check with them to see, but I don't see it listed under two of the holsters they make.

Reactions: Pete63
1 - 9 of 9 Posts