Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took out the byf '41 P.08 Luger (9mm) today. I bought a new Mec-Gar magazine which cleared up the feeding problems. The sights are getting smaller or I am getting older. The trigger is still long and creepy, but 50 rounds at 15 yards and a tea cup sized hole and I was happy. Nothing does more for your shooting skills and less for your ego than an outing with a Luger. I wonder if the sights will be smaller next Year?

Nostalgia is fun, but Hi Powers are more fun!!! John

·
1943 - 2009
10,368 Posts
I wonder if the sights will be smaller next Year?
Of course they will!:image035:

BTW, the Tales Of The Gun episode on the Luger aired on the History Channel again last week.

A Luger was the first pistol I ever shot as a lad.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
it is one very cool looking pistol.
And to answer your question yes, the sights do get smaller on every gun you have.

AFS

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry about no pictures (yet). Still figuring out the whole computer thing. Ashamedly I am a 46 year old analog guy in a digital world. I can't even figure out how to get smilies on a post.

·
Registered
11,431 Posts
The onset of the dreaded shrinking sights syndrome sooner or later effects us all.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
My friend just aqquired a luger with the old wood dowel on the mag and holster, a war trophy I believe. Will have to convince to take it and me to the range.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts