Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pleased to see shelves full of ammo in every caliber including 22 Lr! Prices are normal aside from one store that's about $5 more on 40 cal.
Cases are full of handguns and there's modern sporting rifles on the shelves for normal prices.
Pags are full of magazines at normal prices as well!

And yes even Walmart has ammo sometimes!

How about we never panic buy again? You'd think after 2008 we would have learned!

Anyone else seeing things recovering?

In God and Glock we Trust

·
Registered
988 Posts
I'm seeing some NIB, and slightly used, guns coming on the market from local sellers at new or slightly higher prices. Seems some of the panic buyers and hoarders are getting antsy.

·
Banned
2,268 Posts
I finally found the Colt Mustang Pocketlite I have been looking for at non auction prices yesterday. Also found some .380 ammo at normal prices but then discovered that I had 8 boxes of it stashed away. I kind of lost track of what ammo I have because pre-panic I was buying it up every week in anticipation of what was to come from all that AWB talk. Lived through the last one and knew what would happen again. One of the benefits of old age and knowing that history tends to repeat itself. :)

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
I see it getting better here but on another forum they said California is starting a new 10% tax on ammo. This means we will have even more of them coming over the border and buying ammo in Nevada. We didn't get chance to vote on the idiots that are doing but we are getting the impact.

·
Banned
2,625 Posts
Saw almost 100 boxes of 9mm and 3-4 dozen boxes of Remington .22lr in bulk pack (525 rounds) in stock at cane lad yesterday. Bought my share of ammo. Went back today and they were gone. But .45 ACP has been in steady stock. I've been burning a hole in my wallet stocking up but I'm finally set now with 1000 rounds of 9mm, 1500 of .22lr, 1000 of .45 and 1000 of .223/5.56. I'll let fellow shooters buy the rest. Not gonna hoard and make matters worse!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Everywhere around me the gunracks are full again. Even large volumes of Glocks around. Ammo has been more plentiful too, but still goes fairly quickly. Just not instantly like before.

Things definitely looking better. For now at least.... >.>

·
Registered
697 Posts
Yes and no.

Many more ARs, AKs, tactical shotguns and pistols around. Magazines seem to be getting more plentiful as well. It's the key component, ammo, that is still hard to find here. .40 is the only consistent pistol ammo, and 7.62x54R, .300 and 7mm are the only consistent rifle ammo.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Not where I am from. Shelves are still barren. Haven't found any 9mm defense or FMJ at all. Really stinks.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
I wish I had a magic wand to turn the 250 rounds of .40 I have no gun left in which to use into .45ACP for the gun I just bought and have no ammo for...

The other day I saw something I hadn't in awhile, two decent brands of 9mm range ammo at the same time at Academy in two different calibers (Speer Lawman and Federal American Eagle in 9mm and .40).

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Saw almost 100 boxes of 9mm and 3-4 dozen boxes of Remington .22lr in bulk pack (525 rounds) in stock at cane lad yesterday.
Pardon my ignorance but what and where is cane lad? I have noticed little improvement here in SE Michigan and apparently I just need to expand my search a bit. Thanks

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The thing is though in my town we are seeing the guns come back in. Ammo is still a little thin.
However if your willing to go on a road trip, which I have to do anyway for work, there's ammo to be had.

I'm glad I have a wife that wants me to buy ammo and guns!

I was surprised that tacticool shotguns even were sold out. However my Scheels has em back! Might need one for my new house!

In God and Glock we Trust

·
Registered
436 Posts
I got my Sig SP2022 at Sheels. It is about 50 bucks cheaper than Gander on weapons, but still not as cheap as your LGS, but they have about everything on the shelves though!

·
Premium Member
6,473 Posts
One thing's for sure - Montana is NOT South Louisiana!

The gun supply is improving here quite a bit - plenty of AR's on the rack at the LGS and at Academy, and pretty much at pre-panic prices. Handguns are still a little scarcer, but improving.

Ammo? Not so much! The LGS is getting a few cases in every once in a while, but it sells out pretty fast, and prices are up 30-40% from pre-panic. Even at that, his prices are still better than most.

The Big Store ammo shelves are still pretty empty, except for bird shot, .300 WinMag, .270, 7mm, and .30-06. You can find an occasional box of 7.62x54R, too. If you're after 9mm, .45, 5.56/.223, .308/7.62, etc., forget about it!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts