Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In another post, I mentioned taking a student and his fiancé shooting and that went well and they had a great time. :smile: They wanted to buy the HS2000 handgun I let them shoot. :smile: So, I sold it to them, and that leaves me with a XD bitone with SA trigger job, an XD, and a Tactical, :redface: but anyway, I took some of the money and ordered a leather Alessi CQC/S easy on/easy off, OWB holster. :eek: It's either for my USP or Sig 229R DAK; it seems I'll have about 12 weeks to decide.

I got tactical black instead of the beautiful brown shown in the attached pic. I guess tactical and black is redundant nowadays.

So what do you think - my mind is going first and I'm reverting back to my childhood when I thought holsters had to be leather? :wink:

Oh, you might notice there's some kind of strange looking gun shown in the holster and it's cocked!!! :eek: Must be somethin' new, huh? :wink:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Beautiful rig - and what's inside ain't half bad either :smile:

My SIG rig is black - like it heaps.

·
Super Moderator
13,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What Sig rig? You got an Alessi? you been holdin' stuff back on me? :wink:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Not Alessi Ron - I meant the K&D one Kevin made me - it's what I use daily.

·
Super Moderator
13,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ooooo - outstanding!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Greatest marketing gimmick in shooting!

Tangle said:
I got tactical black instead of the beautiful brown shown in the attached pic. I guess tactical and black is redundant nowadays.
:smile: Paint it black and call it "Tactical" :smile:

·
1943 - 2009
10,368 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
grnzbra said:
:smile: Paint it black and call it "Tactical" :smile:
I think you mis-read - I ordered black, so it will automatically be tactical when I get it. :biggrin: The only pic I could find was a brown holster.

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
nice looking rig. Yours too P95Carry. I personally prefer brown for holsters, but to each his own. And yes there is more than black in tactical. Don't ya know, desert tan is this years hot new color for tactical.

·
Super Moderator
13,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh no! What! :eek: "tactical" is desert tan this year? Are you sure? When did that change? I can't seem keep up with anything anymore. And, I'm gonna be stuck with black now. :silly:

·
Banned
1,424 Posts
IMHO, you have made an outstanding choice. Lou makes some dynamite holsters, and the CQC/S is one of the best designs in his line.
I just wish that I'd thought of it...

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Real nice picture there. In fact that 1911 looks awful familiar. I think I know the fellow who owns it and yes he does keep it cocked and locked.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Very nice holster....I have one of Galco's similarly styled holsters, the Side Snap Scabbard, and the Alessi offering is much nicer!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Tangle said:
Oh no! What! :eek: "tactical" is desert tan this year? Are you sure? When did that change? I can't seem keep up with anything anymore. And, I'm gonna be stuck with black now. :silly:
You've got that right! Did you see the tactical 1911 featured on the cover of this month's American Handgunner?

·
Banned
1,424 Posts
srfl said:
....I have one of Galco's similarly styled holsters, the Side Snap Scabbard, and the Alessi offering is much nicer!

Yeah, for some reason everything that Galco makes resembles something that was originally designed by one of the custom guys. Hmm...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts