1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Praise God, Great story of real faith.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Wow, I have mixed feelings on this one. I praise her for her faith and am inspired by her attitude, but I'm thinkin she just came across a guy that was down on his luck and needed a few dollars and was willing to resort to crime to get it. i.e., not a career criminal.

Humm, one minute he's gonna shoot her and ten minutes later he's Kissing her on the cheek... Makes me think, maybe God was in the car with her. :yup:

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
While I commend her on her faith, I'd still rather have my .40 cal in those circumstances.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Put your trust in God and keep your powder dry. Your garden variety sociopath/psycopath would have brushed the goodness away and just killed her. As was noted above, probably some guy out on his luck driven to a desperate act, but still able to respond to the message.

·
Banned
160 Posts
I agree with the above posters, a hardened criminal wouldn't have been so easily stopped. I'm glad for the lady and the guy both that it worked out the way it did. She's well and maybe he'll turn his life around before it's too late for him or someone else.

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
There a spark of humanity in most of us. For those who lack it, I carry another spark.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I'm glad chance worked in her favor. It could have been extremely ugly.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Well, we know for sure that the anti's won't use this story against us...to much mention of God in it.

Good for her, I am 100% sure my grandma would do the same thing...perhaps I should start a thread on that one...Yup, gonna go start that thread.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Neat video. As said, beginning to talk about God might make some nutcases even more provoked.

·
Registered
266 Posts
That is a neat lady :danceban:
She used the best weapon available to her at the time...her brain.

I tend to go by - God gave us brains, using our brains we created tools for our protection, firearms, and learned how to use them...hopefully when we pull out our tools, firearms, to use protecting ourselves the BG will use their brains and surrender.
Otherwise, their brains may become decoration...they weren't using them anyway.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I imagine that the would-be robber has nobody in his life that cares for him at all, and this kind lady gave him a touch of humanity that no amount of stolen money could buy. That's how I see it, being an athiest.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Touching story, but the reality of crime is somewhat closer to the view taken by the fictional character Armand Dorleac, as seen in the 2002 film version of The Count of Monte Cristo, in which the jailer is about to whip the prisoner.

Dorleac:If you're thinking to yourself just now, ‘Why me, O God?’ the answer is God has nothing to do with it. In fact, God is never in France this time of year.

Dantès:God has everything to do with it. He's everywhere. He sees everything.

Dorleac:Alright. Let's make a bargain, shall we? You ask God for help. The moment he shows up, I'll stop.”​

In other words ... Prayer and pixie dust might have its place. Though, at the moment when a wolf is chewing on your leg, a tool that can actually stop the wolf from chewing on your leg is likely to be of far greater utility.

No telling what the odds are of that technique working, on the next ten rolls of the dice.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition?

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
If that guy got into my car and expected to me to tell him about Jesus, he's out of luck, I could only arrange the meeting.:image035::comeandgetsome:

·
Registered
714 Posts
Reminds me of a story; guy breaks into a house grabs the silver and hears "Jesus is watching!" looks around sees nothing. Grabs the jewery box again, "Jesus is watching!" Again looks around nothing. Moves on and see some cash, picks it up and hears "Jesus is watching!" Finally see a parrot on a stand in the room he's in. Looks at the bird and asks "Who would call their parrot Jesus?" The parrot says, "No, I am Moses! The Rotwiler is Jesus! Sic'em Jesus!!"

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
If that guy got into my car and expected to me to tell him about Jesus, he's out of luck, I could only arrange the meeting.:image035::comeandgetsome:
:rofl: Yup, I gotta chuckle outa that one there...:35:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts