Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just ordered 2000 rounds of 124 gn FMJ NATO from AmmoMan. I've got to stay away from those guys on GT. Oh, wait - I just got an e-mail from a thread I subscribed to on GT - gotta go.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
All you gotta do now is shoot it! :biggrin:

That'll make the UPS guy happy - nice light package! LOL.

·
Super Moderator
13,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I shot 100 rounds Wednesday and another 100 rounds yesterday through well....err....uhh....my Sig 229R DAK.

OK, OK - So I can't make up my mind! You never change your mind!

Just kiddin' :biggrin:

Oh yeah and the UPS guy - last time it was 7000 rounds of .45ACP - imagine how much that weighed. I wasn't home when it came and my wife couldn't help so he had to stack it inside the front door. He's probably not gonna like me anymore!

Ron

·
Registered
182 Posts
My UPS guy just cries evertime I setup a new class to train. My lead instructor orders about 5,000 rounds for each trainee he anywhere to 8 to 10 students.The funny part is the UPS guys gets a $100.00 tip everytime and then I see that I pay for it because he puts it as an expense. Just one more month and the business is sold and I can retire. :biggrin:

·
Super Moderator
13,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My 2000 rounds came today!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Tangle...

you should have called me. apparently the ammo man depot is right up the road from me (i've never shopped there...) i could have made the UPS guy a little happier by lightening the load a little :)

--Jim

·
Super Moderator
13,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
firefighter4884 said:
Tangle...

you should have called me. apparently the ammo man depot is right up the road from me (i've never shopped there...) i could have made the UPS guy a little happier by lightening the load a little :)

--Jim
LOL! Why didn't I think about that? :smile:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Now Ron - decisions - do you go shoot em - or keep up a good ''stock'' level!

OK - shoot half - keep half! :smile:

·
Super Moderator
13,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
P95Carry said:
Now Ron - decisions - do you go shoot em - or keep up a good ''stock'' level!

OK - shoot half - keep half! :smile:
Well, I actually bought it to shoot, but with the October threat, I'll probably just shoot half of them.

Here's what they look like:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Nice clean ammo boxes there - I can imagine the UPS guy's shere delight at bringing them!! :wink:

·
Super Moderator
13,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
P95Carry said:
Nice clean ammo boxes there - I can imagine the UPS guy's shere delight at bringing them!! :wink:
I hear ya! The good part is, I wasn't there when they were delivered, but he set them on the front porch and ran. I had to carry the box inside.

One of the cans weighed 35 pounds! Of course two in the same box would weigh 75 pounds. Then with the cardboard box, wooden box, wooden separators the total package weight must have been around a 1000 pounds! :rolleyes: Any less of a man, women excluded here, couldn't have handled it! :biggrin: More proof that age affects the brain! :eek:

·
Super Moderator
13,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I shot 100 rounds of the NATO ammo and I noticed right away that it produces more recoil than the Walmart-Winchester ammo I normally shoot.

The stuff seemed pretty accurate; didn't have any malfunctions, then again I only shot 100 rounds so you wouldn't expect any.

Since I carry 124 gn GDs, the 124 gn NATO makes a good practice round.

·
Registered
275 Posts
pardon me for being rude but....how much did all that cost?

·
Super Moderator
13,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
d2thomas said:
pardon me for being rude but....how much did all that cost?
$350

·
Registered
540 Posts
I've been thinking of getting some ammo from them. I'm looking at the AK stuff. I picked up an SKS for a trunk rifle.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Tangle said:
I shot 100 rounds of the NATO ammo and I noticed right away that it produces more recoil than the Walmart-Winchester ammo I normally shoot.
Yep, the Euro-spec stuff is a lot more stout.

My rule is if it doesn't reliably cycle the Uzi, I don't buy it again. That means that most of the budget US manufacturers other than brass Blazer are right out, and I mostly throw Wolf downrange in 9mm.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts