Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because tomorrow is Good Friday and I get to shoot my new Beretta 92FS this afternoon, so that makes today Good Thursday for me!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Today is Maundy Thursday, tomorrow is Good Friday. 5 points if you know what Maundy means!:danceban:

·
Super Moderator
13,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yoshi said:
Today is Maundy Thursday, tomorrow is Good Friday. 5 points if you know what Maundy means!:danceban:
If today is Maundy Thursday, then it must mean this is the day I shoot my new 92FS!

·
Registered
115 Posts
rstickle said:
Means you can't spell Mandy's name? :rofl:
:lmao: :rofl:

I grew up thinking it was "Monday Thursday" and the contradiction would boggle my mind atleast as long as the church service lasted :pat:

Does that mean I get a 92FS too?

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Maundy has reference to Christ's new commandment issued on the evening of the Last Supper. Maundy Thursday also commemorates Christ's washing of the apostles' feet. More and more Maundy Thursday is being celebrated in protestant churches. The church I pastored in the New Orleans, LA area celebrated Maundy Thursday and was the first Southern Baptist church that I knew of that did.

·
Super Moderator
13,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dr_cmg said:
Maundy has reference to Christ's new commandment issued on the evening of the Last Supper....QUOTE]
One commandment he gave was after the Last Supper:

Luke 22:36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

And, as a matter of fact, I did that again just yesterday. Well, I didn't sell a garment.

·
Administrator
143,825 Posts
"But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."

Naked people running around with swords and purses...I think that I saw that scene in this bizarre European Gladiator movie about 10 years ago.:biggrin2:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Maundy is a modern spelling of the Middle English "maunde", pronounced almost the same way, which was in turn from the Latin "mandate". Specifically refers to the ceremony of foot washing.

Edited to add: oops - answered before I saw that others already got it.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Good (insert any day of week) is any time at the range :smilez:

·
Super Moderator
13,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wayne said:
Happy Easter !!!!!

Okay, now who's going to come and wash my feet? Any takers :blink: :gah:

Wayne
I would, but I can't; I've already got plans to go shooting! Can you wash them yourself this time? :biggrin2:

·
Super Moderator
23,985 Posts
Keep us posted on the 92! Sounds like fun!

Almost any Friday is good, is it not?

Tomorrow is good for me too - get to shoot my Skyy recently returned from the factory for some work (new frame) and some F&B on the breech face and feedramp, plus some trigger smoothing. Frustrated it had to go in, glad to have it back.

Will begin re-building confidence in it.

Post a range report on your 92, and have fun!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Happy Easter to everybody!!

Thanks too, guys, for shedding light on Maudy Thursday!

Great minds must think alike, Tangle, 'cause I'm hoping to go shoot my 92FS tomorrow. I hope you love your new Beretta as much as I do - if not better (if that's possible!!) Enjoy! Best $500 I ever spent (so far!!).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts