Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you're a Sig fan like me, you will probably find this interview very interesting. They discuss Sig manufacturing, the MPX (near and dear to my heart), the P320, the P365, etc.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I watched that yesterday. It was a pretty interesting interview. I am a huge fan of Sig handguns. I've never tried their rifles though.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm a little disappointed he didn't address the ongoing claims against the P320.
I haven't heard or seen any recent issues with the Sig P320. Can you point to any recent documented cases?

·
Registered
36,177 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
I'm a little disappointed he wasn't wearing his "short short's"! 😂 Been sub'd to his channel since a few month's after TFBtv was created. An "umbrella video production company" with "ton's of GREAT content"! (They have a website also) James' gun reviews are pretty good (sometimes with a backdrop of New Orleans locations). His "mail room" is always good for a laugh. They had another guy (Alex) from the Dallas area whom focused on older/military stuff. Kind of like "Forgotten Weapons". He's not there anymore. I miss him! I saw this (your video) when it came out.

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Registered
142 Posts
Anybody can sue anybody for anything. Again, I've heard no recent claims regarding that issue.
In July there was a lawsuit. A lot of people are suing Sig (including police officers) claiming that their pistol fire without pulling the trigger (even after the "voluntary upgrade").

Multiple people have been injured.

These series of claims happened last month. Is that not recent?

·
Registered
8,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In July there was a lawsuit. A lot of people are suing Sig (including police officers) claiming that their pistol fire without pulling the trigger (even after the "voluntary upgrade").

Multiple people have been injured.

These series of claims happened last month. Is that not recent?
The law suit is recent, but how recent are the incidents? I guess the case will stand or fall on it's own merits. I had not heard anything about it and I visit several gun sites daily.

·
Registered
142 Posts
The law suit is recent, but how recent are the incidents? I guess the case will stand or fall on it's own merits. I had not heard anything about it and I visit several gun sites daily.
Good point. Well, the incidents are recent enough for them to mention that some of the offending weapons already underwent the voluntary upgrade.

·
Registered
8,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Good point. Well, the incidents are recent enough for them to mention that some of the offending weapons already underwent the voluntary upgrade.
The voluntary upgrade has been going on for well over a year, probably more like two. I don’t think Sig handled that well, in my opinion it should have been a recall. That said, between my wife and I we own two P365s, two P229s, one P225-A1, and an MPX. All have been flawless. And they must have done something right with the P320 for the military to select it. Even if cost was a major factor, I don’t think it would have gotten the nod if it didn’t meet the performance specs.

·
Registered
142 Posts
The voluntary upgrade has been going on for well over a year, probably more like two. I don’t think Sig handled that well, in my opinion it should have been a recall. That said, between my wife and I we own two P365s, two P229s, one P225-A1, and and MPX. All have been flawless. And they must have done something right with the P320 for the military to select it. Even if cost was a major factor, I don’t think it would have gotten the nod if it didn’t meet the performance specs.
I get you. I'm still in the "wait and see" phase right now. The P320 xcompact looks sexy as hell and I want one... but the stories are scary.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I'm impressed with my P320s; they are superb handling and shooting pistols. Ergonomics are excellent, as is recoil-handling. I think it is an awesome platform. And, to hear that there WILL be a 10mm P320 is very cool!

SIG has had major success with the P320 and the P365 and I have no reason to think that they will not continuously fine tune and improve those products whenever and if reason arises to do so.

In spite of the incredible success of the P365, I'm just not a fan of such small pistols, so I am not likely to purchase one any time soon. P320 X-Compact is about as small as I like to carry (which isn't very small, nor light-weight.)

·
Premium Member
2,081 Posts
That was very interesting, and I learned some things. I am particularly interested in a .380 version of the P365; I think my wife would really do well with that. .40? That might be an interesting thing for me, although it would likely have either reduced capacity or be a bit wider than the 9mm version. I also really liked the MPX, but it is rather an expensive weapon.

Reactions: QuickQuestionAnon
1 - 16 of 16 Posts