Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a pawn shop near me that is also a dealer of several brands of new firearms. I went there a couple of weekends ago to check things out. Decent inventory, good prices, really nice employees.

BUT.... As I was about to leave, there they were. CHL Badges. I guess the guy didn't catch the look of disgust on my face as I was eyeing them. He said something to the effect of, "We can have your name etched on there in a couple of days with your carry permit."

I politely declined and chose not to comment. It's their store. What I really wanted to say was, "Nah. Just rip my arm off and dip the bloody stub in lemon juice!"

It's not my intention to start yet another CHL badge thread. That decomposed horse has been kicked enough. The point is that a gun shop should know better! It seriously makes me want to never go there again because their integrity has now been compromised in my viewpoint.

Maybe it's just me, but a thing like that makes me take a dim view of that shop, regardless of their helpfulness and good prices.

·
Registered
195 Posts
You should have asked them if they could get you a CCW Sash to go along with it.

·
Premium Member
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should have asked them if they could get you a CCW Sash to go along with it.
Or better yet, a t-shirt that says, "Hey, everybody! I have a gun!!!!"

:aargh4:

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
:haha:

I'd almost completely forgotten about that thing.

On topic, it's their store, they can sell whatever they want so long as it's legal. I won't beat that dead horse either, so that's all I'll say about those badges.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Is it a pawn shop or a gun shop (dedicated to shooting supplies). If it was a pawn shop, there is the answer you seek. They are out to make money any way they can. Their greed shows by preying on the uninformed and/or gulible. Glad you were neither.

·
Banned
160 Posts
So, you didn't get your name put on it ?

:gah:

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
CCW Badges

They are out to make money any way they can. Their greed shows by preying on the uninformed and/or gulible. Glad you were neither.
I'll echo what Black Knight stated. It was either a new or overzealous employee trying to sell a product that they sold. They probably have a few people are "ill-informed" about that item. Thankfully the vast majority of us know better!

·
Registered
991 Posts
:haha:

I'd almost completely forgotten about that thing.

On topic, it's their store, they can sell whatever they want so long as it's legal. I won't beat that dead horse either, so that's all I'll say about those badges.
Yep, they can sell anything they want. This is still The United States of America.

·
Registered
29 Posts
See if they can specailly order you a CHL cape and utility belt while you wait to have your shoot me first badge engraved. Also, see if they engrave tombstones too. :rofl:

·
Premium Member
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh, yeah, I totally defend their right to sell whatever they want to sell. But I also exercised my right to take my business to a place that doesn't sell such stupidity.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
It seriously makes me want to never go there again because their integrity has now been compromised in my viewpoint.
I can understand the feeling you have, but I don't think they've compromised their integrity.
The badges are just one of hundreds of things that have been produced with the CCW growth over the last 10+ years...CCW purses, badges, sashes, hats, fanny packs, ankle holsters, hundreds of holster makers, thunderwear, smartcarry, vehicle holsters, the list goes on and on.
To each their own, just as in caliber and brand choice, the store is looking to provide as many products as possible to customers.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Okay, I'll bite...

CCW Sash?

*having since googled and groaned...*

Never mind. Jeez...

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
It's ALL about money! :yup:

·
Registered
806 Posts
It's ALL about money! :yup:
That's the only reasonable explanation.

I'd still shop there though if the prices were right.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
It isn't a gun shop, it's a pawn shop. Big difference in attitude and level of knowledge of the owner and the clientele. People who go to real gun shops tend to understand that the stupid CCW badged are a bad and infantile idea while the typical patron of a pawn shop is more along the lines of a the young tough or aspiring gang member/thug. They just stock things that their customer base would be likely to buy.

This is one of the many reasons I do not frequent pawn shops.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Okay, I'll bite...

CCW Sash?

Never mind. Jeez...
yeah
Gabe Suarez sells these on his supply website onesourcetactical.com
and I don't think he's compromised his integrity, its just a business

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Oh, yeah, I totally defend their right to sell whatever they want to sell. But I also exercised my right to take my business to a place that doesn't sell such stupidity.
Believe me, you handled it better than I think I would've. Here's my idea of how that conversation would've gone with me instead.

Employee: "We can have your name engraved upon it along with your permit."
Me: "Cool, can I get some sort of leather bracelets to wear on my wrists also? This way when I'm arrested for impersonating a cop the handcuffs won't be able to bite into the skin so deeply."

·
Registered
33 Posts
BUT.... As I was about to leave, there they were. CHL Badges. I guess the guy didn't catch the look of disgust on my face as I was eyeing them. He said something to the effect of, "We can have your name etched on there in a couple of days with your carry permit."
Somehow i think you could have bought several of these without showing your carry permit.

I don't get it.Do people who wear these think they are cops?

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
The only way I would buy a CCW badge is if they had a 'combo' sale. A big bright badge and a CCW flashing light rack for the top of my car...:rofl::rofl::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
571 Posts
Okay, I'll bite...

CCW Sash?

Never mind. Jeez...
I Google'd it and really wish that I never did...

1 - 20 of 49 Posts