Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thus saith experts like Hillarity and other tyrants about "silencers." After going through a few of the Bond videos after viewing the shoulder holster EDC thread video I came across this one with a HUGE "silencer" on a Walther P99/ Starting at 13 minutes, it's MUCH louder than in the movies. Too loud for an indoor range and no hearing protection. Not bad for an outdoor range. With a subsonic round, it would be much quieter, but still more than audible. Sorry Dumbocrats, its not silent.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Won't let me edit my post and forgot the link, thanks China, for your manufactured bioweapon.

BTW, my 14 year old grandson, almost 15, had better muzzle control out the gate with my 9mm Shield than David does, and David supposedly has a Smith and Wesson.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Kinda painful to watch. The commentator is clearly not a "gun guy". He t-cups his hold with his support hand. Would much rather watch someone who is a lot more intimate with semi-auto handguns.

·
Super Moderator
19,938 Posts
Won't let me edit my post and forgot the link, thanks China, for your manufactured bioweapon.

BTW, my 14 year old grandson, almost 15, had better muzzle control out the gate with my 9mm Shield than David does, and David supposedly has a Smith and Wesson.
"It's all about safety" and the useless (IMO) "going hot" command, then at 2:57 sweeps his buddy with the Beretta muzzle a couple of times. Yes, we saw him clear the gun, the slide was back, but that's poor discipline in my book. I'm surprised that wasn't edited out.

·
Registered
7,400 Posts
"It's all about safety" and the useless (IMO) "going hot" command, then at 2:57 sweeps his buddy with the Beretta muzzle a couple of times. Yes, we saw him clear the gun, the slide was back, but that's poor discipline in my book. I'm surprised that wasn't edited out.
That is wasn’t speaks volumes about how their program is run. They don’t know enough to be ashamed of their poor gun handling. That is scary.

·
Super Moderator
19,938 Posts
'Going hot" guy also yells "clear" before the mag was out of the gun. He'd quickly be persona non grata at a USPA match.

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
What was "useless" about the going hot command??

Reactions: CLASS3NH

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
It's funny what HollyWEIRD makes people think about "Silencers" In a closed unit ( T/C Contender, or Bolt action ) the sound is significantly reduced... Subsonic rounds make it almost impossible to hear... Just the "Click" or metal Tap of the bolt / firing pin dropping/ hitting the chamber.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
It's funny what HollyWEIRD makes people think about "Silencers" In a closed unit ( T/C Contender, or Bolt action ) the sound is significantly reduced... Subsonic rounds make it almost impossible to hear... Just the "Click" or metal Tap of the bolt / firing pin dropping/ hitting the chamber.
I love it when movies feature a "silencer" on a revolver. And I noticed in "No Country for Old Men" that the "silencer" on Javier Barden's shotgun had a muzzle opening significantly smaller in diameter than the 12ga shotgun that it was mounted on.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As for the "going hot" comment, it's entertainment. Gotta add some drama.

·
Registered
42,968 Posts
Reactions: CLASS3NH

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
The range is always considered hot. However, I'll concede that that may be specific to shooting disciplines and not others.
Hmmmm not if it's been called "cold" for any number of reasons. At which point call "going hot" verify everyone is aware that loud bangs are about to comence make sure everyone is wearing eyes/ears or not beyond the firing line.

Reactions: demanic
1 - 18 of 18 Posts