Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The numbers are not helpful to President Obama, whose first presidential campaign was catapulted by young voters and who is trying to convince a reluctant Congress to pass uniform background checks and other gun safety measures. In fact, the study found that just 42 percent of millennials approve of the way Obama is handling "gun violence," with 56 percent disapproving. Those who disapprove overwhelmingly fall in the categories of those who want looser gun laws, or who want to keep them as is.
Young Voters Want Less Gun Control - Susan Milligan (usnews.com)

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Thank god! At least some kids have brains........... and even if they are not sure why they disagree, nature of survival still exists to a minimum extent.

In this dismal economy (Blame Bush), they are starting realize that cats and dogs are now on the menu................... And they ain't getting no good payin jobs...............

We should start teaching them how to pitch tents.............. oh, that is what the Boy Scouts do, or the Military. But of course, you are now cursed to join the Military because it is Progressivly Leftist bad...........................

·
Registered
620 Posts
Good news, but if only the story's picture didn't show one of the worst shooter grips I have ever seen...
And it's not *just* a posed photo. There's a round in that chamber...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

·
Banned
12,068 Posts
Well I for one hope it all unravels for the BUM....What's that?!? There's a job waitin' 4 Bammy and his stooge Holder...Dog Catcher and Crossing Guard. Woohoo...
Stones.....Strange...It's Only Rock n Roll...and I like IT!!!!!!!

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
I just took a class on bridging the generational gaps in the workplace and it is interesting as right now there are 4 generations in the work force (matures, boomers, Gen x, and millennials). For the millennials, many of the events during their lifetime that have shaped their perspective and world view are Columbine, 911, Oklahoma, Va Tech, and now Sandy Hook and the heavy media coverage and the instant information via the internet of these events. The end result is that when each generation was surveyed about their single biggest concern the millennials was personal safety. This may explain why they have such a strong view of personal protection and 2A.

·
Premium Member
4,456 Posts
I just took a class on bridging the generational gaps in the workplace and it is interesting as right now there are 4 generations in the work force (matures, boomers, Gen x, and millennials). For the millennials, many of the events during their lifetime that have shaped their perspective and world view are Columbine, 911, Oklahoma, Va Tech, and now Sandy Hook and the heavy media coverage and the instant information via the internet of these events. The end result is that when each generation was surveyed about their single biggest concern the millennials was personal safety. This may explain why they have such a strong view of personal protection and 2A.
Very interesting, thanks for posting.

As pro 2A ambassadors we should always be aware of the up and coming kids who will one day vote. We can do some things now that might encourage them to follow in our footsteps and strenghten the 2A in the future. IOW get kids involved in safe and responsible shooting.

·
Banned
12,068 Posts
Right On you are Brother PPK.........WORD:35:

·
Registered
294 Posts
I can vouch for this too as I had a discussion with my 11th grade U.S. History students this past week about politicians and how the "nuclear arms reduction treaties" they sign every few years is really just a facade to make it "look" like they're actually doing something productive. One of my students responded, "you mean kind of like they're doing with the recent gun control measures?" Needless to say, this sparked some serious debate and conversation! God I love my students! Many adults think millennials are going to be the death of the nation (just like all the other generations before them), but these are SHARP kids and they're really good at calling out contradictions. There may be hope for us yet!

·
Premium Member
8,646 Posts
Everything is cyclical. I think the pendulum has reached the left peak and is on the downswing. I also have lots of optimism for our youth. It worries me that the "free stuff" gang is such a huge a voting block, but I'm also hopeful that the new generation of voters can overcome them.

·
Registered
46,054 Posts
I can remember when it was common for guns to be in the house, displayed in open gun racks; dads regularly took sons (and daughter) hunting/shooting; and no one gave it a second thought.

Now guns are spouted as evil, far too many kids don't have dads in the home or even know who they might be, hunting/shooting is far more restricted and unavailable, and it's the primary topic of the day.

Excuse me if my optimism isn't too high right now.

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts
I can remember when it was common for guns to be in the house, displayed in open gun racks; dads regularly took sons (and daughter) hunting/shooting; and no one gave it a second thought.

Now guns are spouted as evil, far too many kids don't have dads in the home or even know who they might be, hunting/shooting is far more restricted and unavailable, and it's the primary topic of the day.

Excuse me if my optimism isn't too high right now.
Yup, right there with ya.

Our youth are being indoctrinated with the idea that simply drawing a picture with a gun or using the word 'gun' in a story is equatable to committing a crime with a gun. Gun equals bad. Period. Pastry chewed to resemble a gun? Removed from school. Gun on your t-shirt? Removed from school. Facebook picture of a child safely holding a firearm? Criminal act that brings law enforcement and child welfare agents to your home.

·
Registered
46,054 Posts
I did that grip on my first shot with my G30. Cured me real quick! Old SA revolver guys can still learn in a hurry.

Reactions: e4dan

·
Registered
156 Posts
Good news, but if only the story's picture didn't show one of the worst shooter grips I have ever seen...
I did that grip on my first shot with my G30. Cured me real quick! Old SA revolver guys can still learn in a hurry.
Yep, clearly he hasn't triggered one off yet. And he won't do it twice, after the slide removes a chunk of flesh from his left thumb!

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Well I for one hope it all unravels for the BUM....What's that?!? There's a job waitin' 4 Bammy and his stooge Holder...Dog Catcher and Crossing Guard. Woohoo...
Stones.....Strange...It's Only Rock n Roll...and I like IT!!!!!!!
I don't think they are qualified for those positions either.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.