Defensive Carry banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Big Green Egg.

How many of you make your own sauce or rubs? I make a Memphis style rub for ribs, KC style red sauce and a Low Country style mustard sauce. I say style on all of these as I incorporate elements from all over the place, one of the pleasures of being transferred all over the country!

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
Been to Texas, wasn't impressed with the BBQ, and it's Jim "Beam." NCCFY
Then you didn’t eat at the right place. Although to be fair, I doubt any restaurant in the country can serve up a brisket that can come close to what myself, or many other people can make at home.

·
Banned
232 Posts
There is nothing like getting up a 0400 setting up a comfy chair and side table.
Fire up the smoker. Pour a dram of your favorite whisky and watch to sun come up.
The smell of a wood burning smoker is intoxicating.
Feeding a fire also feeds my soul.
0400? You are a sick man! That's what time I go to bed...the sun is bad. :smile: The rest of what you say? All good...carry on, nothing to see here.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Big Green Egg.

How many of you make your own sauce or rubs? I make a Memphis style rub for ribs, KC style red sauce and a Low Country style mustard sauce. I say style on all of these as I incorporate elements from all over the place, one of the pleasures of being transferred all over the country!
I make my own sauce, most of the time. Usually my rub, too. Didn't make my own rub for last Thanksgiving, but other than that, I try to. I will admit, I do not have my own recipes, I use ones that have been posted for public consumption. I do have a favorite, however.

·
Premium Member
1,510 Posts
Big Green Egg.

I make my own pork rub. I just use salt and pepper on beef. My wife makes a East Carolina vinegar (best thing for pulled pork), a South Carolina mustard (next best thing for pulled pork), and a Texas red sauce for everything else.

And I prefer cherry wood for pork and oak for beef.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts