• Semi-Automatic

Votes: 263 88.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
81 - 100 of 127 Posts

·
Banned
2,648 Posts
Noticed some appear to be hesitant to say they carry a revolver. Why? I carried a 1966 S&W Model 60 from 1987 to 2008 never a problem. Based on the type crime during that era it was sufficient, but it all started to change in 2001. Many thought to be prepared for a terrorist encounter would require greater firepower or more available ammo. In 2008 I switched to a XD40SC w/extended 12 round mag and a LCP in lieu of a spare mag for my primary. I now also carry two 12 round mags for my primary.

Reactions: forester58

·
Registered
830 Posts
Double-stack: either M&P9c or SA Mod.2 9mm
Single-stack: either M&P Shield 9 or SA XDs 9

They're things I like about each of these guns so it just depends upon my mood at the time which one I will carry. Recently, I would say I've been carrying the Mod.2 the most.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
S&W SD40VE in a FOBUS GL4 paddleback. S&W SD9VE in a stealth operator OWB. Taurus TCP 380 in a leather belt slide or a DeSantis pocket holster. CZ VZOR70 in the same belt slide as the TCP. extra mag for the 9 or 40 in a NiteIze flashlight holster (they fit perfectly and tightly). I have no problem at all concealing the SD's with an untucked shirt. I buy shirts with long tails for that purpose. The TCP fits perfectly in a cargo pocket with the DeSantis holster.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Either a HK P30 or a P30SK and 2 extra magazines with Taylor Freelance +5 bases. If I'm carrying my laptop I also have a 30 round mag in the bag along with a first aid kit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Glock 19, sometimes my 43 - it's much easier to carry but I feel a lot more confident with my 19.
I've been checking out revolvers lately and I'm sure I'll get one at some point.

·
Registered
98 Posts
What ankle holster do you use?
I've got one from Mad Mike's. Pretty much have to use the calf strap. And it takes a few weeks to break in. The rough edges wear down after a while. I forget it's there now. I also Velcro the calf strap to the outside, which I think isn't the way it's supposed to go, but that holds the gun closer to my leg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
285 Posts
I've got one from Mad Mike's. Pretty much have to use the calf strap. And it takes a few weeks to break in. The rough edges wear down after a while. I forget it's there now. I also Velcro the calf strap to the outside, which I think isn't the way it's supposed to go, but that holds the gun closer to my leg.
Thanks for that info. Is your holster actually made by "Mad Mike's" ... i.e., is that the actual brand? I did a search on it, and I couldn't find the actual holster.

·
Registered
10,855 Posts
Runaway train, never coming back.

Auto will be a 10-1 winner, at least.

Yeah.^^^

Could have asked instead;

Which do you conceal carry the most;

Sharp Stick______

A gun_______

With that said, Auto will win, but does not take away from a well aimed shot from a revolver. If you had asked this question 15-20 years ago, the revolver would win.

Different times we live in for sure.

·
Registered
908 Posts
no option for both. I carry a snub in left hand pocket, and semi auto 9 mm behind right hip.

Reactions: piguy

·
Registered
10,855 Posts
Reactions: PhaedrusIV

·
Registered
29 Posts
I carry and rotate Glock 19 ,Glock 26, Shield 9. I prefer 9mm , but I say get anything in the 3 main calibers 9,40,45 all common and plentiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81 - 100 of 127 Posts