Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all have a favorite gun quip. It may be, I rather be tried by 12 than carried by six. Or it may be one that I got off this site, I would rather die with a gun in my hand than to live with my hands in the air. There are thousands of them.

What is your favorite pro gun saying?

Reactions: BenGoodLuck

·
Registered
21,471 Posts
" It's damned adequate".

Elmer Keith in rebuttal to Jack O'Conners endorsement of the 270 Winchester as the best long range big game rifle.

" Bushido is all very well in its own way; however, it is no match for a 30 06."
Jeff Cooper

While auditing an FBI academy class, Jeff Cooper was asked not to use his 1911 pistol, as it may be an unfair advantage to which he made the statement;
" Perhaps the first thing we should demand in a sidearm is that it be unfair".

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
from my cold, dead hands.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Several, including a few already posted, but this one always makes me grin:

"Because they don't make a .46"

And the best:

"....the right of the people, to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Reactions: Alex_C

·
Registered
110 Posts
Just ran across these:

"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." -Alexander Hamilton

"From the hour the Pilgrims landed, to the present day, events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to insure peace, security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable . . . the very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good" -George Washington

·
Premium Member
5,088 Posts
When asked "why'd you shoot him in the back?" - "his back was too me" - can't remember the movie though, had Louis Gosset Jr in it.

Beware the man with only one gun, he most probably knows how to use it.

The only way you can have too much ammo is if you're drowning or on fire.

You just can't miss fast enough

Speed's fine, but accuracy is final.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
"God created all men. They say Sam Colt made 'em equal ... more or less."

- Matthew Quigley (Tom Selleck), from the film Quigley Down Under.​

·
Registered
9,345 Posts
Al Pacino in "Scarface"
"SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND" (But i have to work on my spanish/english accent, or would that be spanglish?)

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Al Pacino in "Scarface"
"SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND" (But i have to work on my spanish/english accent, or would that be spanglish?)

"Say jello to my li'l fren'!"

A bit like "Jello! My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my fadder. Prrrepare to tie." from The Princess Bride.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts