Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are so many things you can have for your home defense set up and everybody is different. I thought it would be interesting to see what you guys keep under the bed or on the night stand. Me personally i have a glock 23 on my night stand. And I have a colt AR 15 under the bed with a round in the chamber and safety ON. Its just a bare bone AR/M4 looking rifle with regular heat guards and carry handle iron sights and i have 2 magpul 30 round mags taped together for a total of 60 rounds of Hornady TAP. I know some people say you gotta have a tactical light which yes it helps but is not necessary in my home because i keep certain lights on both so i can see, and as a deterrent so that people are less likely to break in. As they say, that door you just kicked in was locked for your protection, not mine. I know a lot of you guys use a shotgun. The only reason im going for my AR over my 870 tactical is because the barrel is shorter on the AR. However I am in the process of making a home defense shotgun. A Remington 870 Express Tactical with a surefire light, 7 shells ready to go in the shot gun safety ON. shells are all deer slugs and .00 buck. With 15 shells on the sling, 5 on the buttstock, and 8 on the side saddle ( maybe too much but hey, i dont care). so what do you guys have as your home defense set up im very interested to hear what you guys are packing hahah. Thanks a lot for taking time to read :smile:

·
Registered
892 Posts
P95 and a flashlight on the nightstand and 12 gage under the bed.

·
Registered
928 Posts
G22 w/TLR-1s in bedside table.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
One thing I used with great success is a driveway alarm by chamberlain garage doors. They give you a little black box to keep inside, I put it on my nightstand than you can buy as many sensors as you like. It has a 400 foot range. Each sensor shoots a beam about 80 feet any thing crosses it it beeps in your house. I had them covering my backyard an front works really good and its only 150.00 for black box two sensors extra sensors 39.00 each can screw tem into anything just keep them about 4 feet high so animals dont set off can put on a tree or fence even cyclone fence with tie downs

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
lol didn't I just type this out for a similar thread a few days ago? this should be a sticky.

Bed side holster has a p85 with 30 rd mag, under the bed is an 870 of course, theres a gun in another room but i'll keep that to myself. And depending where I take my pants off there is a gp100 somewhere near me in the bedroom.

(I don't have kids or animals :smile:)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Slobbering Labrador backed up with a GP100 loaded with .38+p hollowpoints upstairs and a G19 loaded with +p+ hollowpoints in the man cave.

·
Premium Member
13,765 Posts
My HD set-up

Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Gun barrel By the bedside

Bookcase Shelving Shelf Book Library His and hers in the closet

And Ole Yella in my avatar will let me know when someone is about the house

·
Registered
215 Posts
CZ 75 and flashlight on the nightstand, shotgun if time permits

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
2" of barrel length between an AR carbine and a HD shotgun shouldn't make much difference unless you plan on cruising through your house like Bruce Willis taking on the bad guys. If that is your plan I would suggest rethinking it.

Personally I have a Mossberg 500 by the bed. Suits my plan of holing up in my bedroom with the shotgun pointed at the barricaded door while I call 911.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Mossy 500 12 ga Persuader w/ pistol grip loaded with #4, 00, & PDX (in that order) by the bed and my x3 D-cell Maglite on the nightstand. Sure I know the flashlite is not compact or tacticool, but it makes for a GREAT backup weapon! Millions of LEOs can't be wrong! We keep a couple of small lights on during the night as well, just in case!

·
Registered
959 Posts
Glock 23, Mossberg 500, AR-15, in that order of utilization. Take your pick, they are all ready for action. Chances are it would be the Glock unless they brought a van load of guys to invade my home.

·
Registered
111 Posts
In the house, a Remington 870. I have 3 kids and can't take the chance of a bullet going through a wall.

My G23 is closest to me, but the 870 isn't too far away. I'd grab the pistol if I thought I didn't have enough time to get to the shotgun.

·
Premium Member
5,407 Posts
There are so many things you can have for your home defense set up and everybody is different. I thought it would be interesting to see what you guys keep under the bed or on the night stand. Me personally i have a glock 23 on my night stand. And I have a colt AR 15 under the bed with a round in the chamber and safety ON. Its just a bare bone AR/M4 looking rifle with regular heat guards and carry handle iron sights and i have 2 magpul 30 round mags taped together for a total of 60 rounds of Hornady TAP. I know some people say you gotta have a tactical light which yes it helps but is not necessary in my home because i keep certain lights on both so i can see, and as a deterrent so that people are less likely to break in. As they say, that door you just kicked in was locked for your protection, not mine. I know a lot of you guys use a shotgun. The only reason im going for my AR over my 870 tactical is because the barrel is shorter on the AR. However I am in the process of making a home defense shotgun. A Remington 870 Express Tactical with a surefire light, 7 shells ready to go in the shot gun safety ON. shells are all deer slugs and .00 buck. With 15 shells on the sling, 5 on the buttstock, and 8 on the side saddle ( maybe too much but hey, i dont care). so what do you guys have as your home defense set up im very interested to hear what you guys are packing hahah. Thanks a lot for taking time to read :smile:
I always have a flashlight even though I too leave some lights on because you never know when the power might go out...just a thought. I have my Glock 19 and flashlight on my nightstand but while deployed I have my M9 next to me and my M4 within arms reach.

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
Glock 22 on the computer desk, Ruger SR40C bedside, Mossy 500 20 ga. if things get really hairy

·
Registered
124 Posts
no im not afraid of the dark but i leave my closet light on because my power can be accesed outside of my house with simple bolt cutters and that way i know if my power is on or not. i have my p95 and 2 flashlights on my night stand and the 12 ga. next to it leaned against the wall (all can be grabbed without me even moving from the bed if needed) and my dog as a back up warning system.

·
Registered
7,535 Posts
.45 1911, cellphone, and surefire flashlight in the nightstand beside the bed and an 870 loaded with 00 buck under the edge of the bed.:smile:

·
Registered
278 Posts
A well documented (exterior signage), high-tech security system and my assurances that you should read them and leave. You have my word that nothing in the home is worth the risk to get at it.
saa.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts