• Taurus

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Diamondback

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kel-Tec

Votes: 0 0.0%

Your most trusted gun manufacturer

3099 173
I must be a glutton for punishment but here it goes....
What gun manufacturer do you trust the most for your
carry needs.
With all complaining i am seeing on here across various
brands of all prices lately it got me to thinking.......
1911's are added as some of you carry them ...But lets stick to what you carry daily
and most often.
Not a high price 1911 that sits in the safe and gets a little range time every now and then.
I left one manufaturer out because we know the answer already and lets keep this thread on the
rails. ( Some just can't help themselves i get it...But i tried).
Run of the mill production 1911's should fall into most manufacturers listed on the poll.
I tried to cover most but i am sure i missed something...If so let it be known in your reply.
Experience with a manufacturer should heavily sway your decision but some
lean on and trust what others tell them so that is fine as well.
So what is your most trusted manufacturer as of right now (Which i assume is what you carry)
I vote Kahr but that is no surprise to anyone paying attention.
You get one vote..No multiples assuming i did the poll right ( My first poll).
1 - 20 of 174 Posts

· Registered
8,036 Posts
I am surprised that FN was not an option! That would have been my first choice. I'll bet there are more people who carry FN's than Bersa's or Bonds. (Nothing against those brands, I just don't think they are that common.) Just my .02 worth!

· Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am surprised that FN was not an option! That would have been my first choice. I'll bet there are more people who carry FN's than Bersa's or Bonds. (Nothing against those brands, I just don't think they are that common.) Just my .02 worth!
FN is on there now...I tried to include everybody...NAA comes up on here a lot so i figured i would cover as much ground as possible.

· Registered
8,036 Posts
FN is on there now...I tried to include everybody...NAA comes up on here a lot so i figured i would cover as much ground as possible.
Thanks I changed my vote. 😀

Reactions: Cornhusker95

· Registered
78,764 Posts
If it came down to one and one only carry gun, I'd have to go with a Glock. The trigger and grip don't bother me at all. But it's nice to have options.

· Registered
510 Posts
I have multiple carry guns and if I carry them I trust them completely (or I wouldn't carry them). For this poll purpose if its only for carry guns then Glock as that is what I carry the most. If it is just for manufactuer then then I am 100% on the Beretta train....

· Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have multiple carry guns and if I carry them I trust them completely (or I wouldn't carry them). For this poll purpose if its only for carry guns then Glock as that is what I carry the most. If it is just for manufactuer then then I am 100% on the Beretta train....
Interesting...So what make Beretta stand out VS Glock as a manufacturer for you?

· Registered
8,259 Posts
I trust all my cc guns if I can have only one it would be Glock.

Reactions: gen3 and G-man*

· Registered
2,676 Posts
I probably have more Colts than anything else, but that being said, the two I have carried most to date would fall under Glock and Other - the other being the EAA Windicator. I believe that many of today's manufacturers put out good stuff, with the occasional dud.

When I first saw the thread title and poll, and read through the selections, I had to do a double-take to see that one particular manufacturer was not on the list. Which made me think, why didn't you just give a choice of 'Anything but (insert most-hated-south-American-company which shall remain nameless here! :ROFLMAO: 😄:ROFLMAO:)

· Banned
3,312 Posts
It does not matter what manufacturer. It matters what "MODEL".

· Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I trust all mine except for a recent purchase that i haven't ran enough.
If they don't pass my personal test than i lose a little money and get rid
of the problem.
I know this example has been wore out.... But i have the most rounds through my Kahr
so for round count and reliability the Kahr wins out if i could only carry 1 brand going forward.
That being said...You could be one round away from having issues at anytime.
Thankfully we have many choices and by the poll numbers i am not really surprised at results so far.

· Premium Member
50,081 Posts
of the problem.
I know this example has been wore out.... But i have the most rounds through my Kahr
so for round count and reliability the Kahr wins out if i could only carry 1 brand going forward.
Thankfully we have many choices and by the poll numbers i am not really surprised at results so far.
I was running my uber-reliable Glock 17 yesterday when the trigger didn't reset. After countless thousands of reliable rounds through it over the past eleven-plus years, the trigger spring finally broke at the trigger end. It was done running, period. The whole parts availability thing came into play. I have spares on hand. That said, until I got it replaced, the Glock was closed for business.

· Banned
3,312 Posts
of the problem.
Kahr is definitely in the top, but again I have other guns that are built great but only a particular Model.

Reactions: Wild Onion

· Registered
279 Posts
It is not a simple matter to answer your poll.

In general, I "trust" all of the top tier manufacturers.
However, within the top tier, there are individual models that I do not trust, or would not own for some reason not related to trust.
Example, I trust Beretta but I have never warmed up to the PX4 series because they look too futuristic or bland.
I love my Kimber K6s but I will likely never own a Kimber or a Beretta 92 semi-auto because I prefer Sigs for that. However, I am not a fan of the Sig P320 series.
I respect S&W revolvers (when they are good ones) but I prefer a built-like-a-tank Ruger GP100 or SP101.

Also, are we just talking about handguns?
What about shotguns and rifles?
For shotguns, I would probably go for Beretta or Benelli.
Rifle? I have a Winchester 30/30 lever action.

So, you see, it's not a simple answer.

1 - 20 of 174 Posts