Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folks, I'm about ready to order an RRA Elite CAR A4 from Eagle Firearms (I'll actually order an upper & a lower, both RRA). Anyway, I wanted to run my specs by you to get your thoughts:
-chrome-lined barrel
-removable tac mount (I plan on getting an Aimpoint later on)
-mid-length rail

I understand there are a number of options for rails available on RRA rifles. (I'll be buying with the rail already installed). RRA lists a Quad-rail free float & Surefire Tactical Rail Handguards on their website. Which one is better? The Surefire is more expensive, but that doesn't always mean better.

Anything else I should consider?

·
Super Moderator
19,011 Posts
You plan on mounting lots of accesories on the rails? Also, many rails avalible. free float handguards may increase accuracy slighty. Aftermarket rails are avalible as well.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
DirksterG30 said:
Well folks, I'm about ready to order an RRA Elite CAR A4 from Eagle Firearms (I'll actually order an upper & a lower, both RRA). Anyway, I wanted to run my specs by you to get your thoughts:
-chrome-lined barrel
-removable tac mount (I plan on getting an Aimpoint later on)
-mid-length rail

I understand there are a number of options for rails available on RRA rifles. (I'll be buying with the rail already installed). RRA lists a Quad-rail free float & Surefire Tactical Rail Handguards on their website. Which one is better? The Surefire is more expensive, but that doesn't always mean better.

Anything else I should consider?
The ARMS Swan rail fore end (SIR) is still pretty much the last word, for both free-floating and mounting. Well worth it.....http://www.armsmounts.com/catalog.php?action=110&cat_id=8
Best heat dissipation, obscenely rigid, Mil-spec rail dimensions.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
RRA's are GREAT guns!! FIRST RATE QUALITY WEAPONS We have several in stock and they STAND OUT among the other AR types..
VERY GOOD CHOICE ya made Dirkster!!
Fit and finish are OUTSTANDING!!

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
You're gonna love it!

:hand10:

·
Registered
559 Posts
CLASS3NH said:
RRA's are GREAT guns!! FIRST RATE QUALITY WEAPONS We have several in stock and they STAND OUT among the other AR types..
VERY GOOD CHOICE ya made Dirkster!!
Fit and finish are OUTSTANDING!!
I just received an RRA lower receiver and its really nice. Excellent machining and finish.

Can't wait to get it all together.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Bud White said:
im wondering about one of them Lefty uppers i say at the link above... Hummm
I'm a lefty .......BUT I shoot right handed.... the only thing I do lefty is sign my name.........guess that's all that counts.........LOL.........

·
Super Moderator
19,011 Posts
Bud White said:
naw i shoot lefty with everything so
Bud, beem considering a Stag upper myself.

·
Super Moderator
22,266 Posts
Team American said:
You're gonna love it!

Nice lookin' carbine amigo. :hand10:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Team American said:
You're gonna love it!

BIG +1 on that!

Mine looks the same as the AR in this pic, except I installed the PRi big-latch, and Phantom 5C2 flash hider.

It's a sweet shooter! The midlength gas system kicks even softer than the M4. You'll love it!

·
Banned
318 Posts
rocky said:
You plan on mounting lots of accesories on the rails? Also, many rails avalible. free float handguards may increase accuracy slighty. Aftermarket rails are avalible as well.
Myself I don'tlike a bunch of stuff hanging off of what I want to use as a light weight. handy military type carbine.

If your not going to be attaching any goodies to it; the extra money you spend for the rails may out weigh the cool factor of them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts