Defensive Carry banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to buy a pistol later this summer. I am fine in the 9mm department. Trying to decide between the M&P 40 or Glock 32. I would end up getting a barrel chambered in the other caliber for which ever pistol I choose. Sadly the M&P is no available in .357 SIG. Please offer the pros and cons of each.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I don't own a Glock, though I've fondled many.... I can say I've owned 3 M and P's, and all have been great guns. I find them to fit my hand very well, be very reliable, shoot nicely (many say the .40 has softer recoil than many other models) and is reliable. They make a size, model, and caliber for just about anyone. Got nothing against Glock, will probably pick one up someday, but I've just been satisfied with M and P.

I don't like the way a Glock fits my hand, while others say M and P's have gritty triggers (which can be fixed, but I never notice it as a real issue at the range).

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
I really like how the M&P's feel in my hand. However I shoot Glocks better, so that's what I go with. The good news is you have two excellent pistols to choose from and probably can't go wrong with either.

·
Registered
632 Posts
pick up a glock 22 if it fits your hand, that way you can get a barrel in .357 sig and only have to swap barrels because the cartidge end is the same as a .40, two guns for a lilttle more than one.

i dont know if they have the .357s barrel out yet for the MP but i havent tried to find one either.
Both are great guns, shoot and shoot some more until you find the one you like.

a friend of mine carries a glock 22, he shoots .40 at the range and carriers .357sig im very envious of him.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Availability is another thing I just thought of. Which would be easier to find, a Glock 32 or a 357 SIG barrel for an M&P 40?

·
Registered
632 Posts
I really like how the M&P's feel in my hand. However I shoot Glocks better, so that's what I go with. The good news is you have two excellent pistols to choose from and probably can't go wrong with either.
You know a guy is serious about his defensive firearms when subjective things like "feel in the hand" take a back seat to their performance with the weapon. :congrats:

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
Wife has the M&P .40C and I really like it (even though I'm a 1911 fan) I am impressed with how well it shoots for such (to me) a small pistol. I especially like hers has a safety very similar to my 1911 (though you can get the M&P without a safety)

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Where are the girls? I thought the title meant 2 female models. Nevermind. My bad.

Reactions: Aceoky

·
Registered
6,222 Posts
Both are great guns, no doubt about that. But for concealed carry, I would go with the G32 or the M&P 40C. The full size service M&P's are much better
suited for OWB holster carry or a duty weapon as they are considerably larger than the mid size Glocks....more along the size of a Glock 17.

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
You know a guy is serious about his defensive firearms when subjective things like "feel in the hand" take a back seat to their performance with the weapon. :congrats:

I'm sure I could learn to shoot the M&P as good or possibly better than a Glock. The problem right now is the simple cost of ammo.

·
Registered
7,968 Posts
Spend some time on the range with each gun. Either will serve you well, but I bet you will shoot one better than the other.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts