Defensive Carry banner

21 - 40 of 137 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,996 Posts
@ShooterGranny, in my life "before ink", I actually took pride in seeing guys with faded "military" ink. Tell Gramps, from me, his embarrassment or not, SOME people like it! As to scaring, one of my M/C brothers got a dagger on his forearm removed, from time in Korean DMZ, & I can see no scaring left. He went to a tattoo shop for his "laser removal" treatments. Wasn't cheap, BUT they did great work. He actually "won in a auction" most of the cost, so he helped our charity too!

·
Premium Member
4,257 Posts
Please. Just be honest about this topic without being insulting.
I seriously doubt you will ever see a personally insulting comment from this group. There is an incredible level of mutual respect among the members here. Anyone who can't play "nice", doesn't last very long.

If it makes you happy, enjoy your ink.

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
I work at a pool and have seen a lot the good the bad and the ugly ..For me I really dont care what you want to to all I can say is look up charts on best/worst places to get them both in term of pain and saggy over the years ..And remember these are for life .. Also look up ink and fadding .. Lot of these will need to be touched up over the years ..

I find pircing more of a - then tats but again dont care if you get them I just think they look silly on most people

I wont get a tat ..Never had a thing I belive in hard enough to have on my flesh ..Never mind the stories of tats gone worn or if they cheep out and use the wrong ink well it can be fun in a MRI more like having your flesh ripped off fun but still ( mind you this normal only happens with prision bic pen tats but still)

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
I was in the Navy, young, and drunk with three friends in the mid-1960s. We collectively decided to get tattoos. I was going to get a heart with a scroll and my ex-wife's name on my upper left arm. I was fourth in line and had sobered up by my turn. I am glad I backed out.
Yeah, we're glad too. That tat should have been a 1911. :yup:

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I have some on my left shoulder blade that have personal meaning to me and am glad I got them been wanting to balance them out with something on the right blade but just havent gotten around to it. To each their own I say but yeah that Tasmanian Devil that you thought was cool at 18........

·
Registered
317 Posts
First, I think anyone can have any tattoo they want; it's none of my business. If had been one of the first on the beach at Normandy, a flag raiser at Iwo Jima, or a moon lander, those events would be worth commemorating with a tattoo. I am almost positive my opinion about that wouldn't change later. I don't think I can say that about anything else. My opinions about shoes, motorcycles, guns, women, or anything else almost always changes---nothing lasts.
I think it's especially sad when I see young girls at the gym that are almost completely sleeved out from head to toe. In my opinion, it looks simply wretched. As everyone has asked, how will that look later? As long as they don't want the government to pay for their removal later on, I guess it's not my concern.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
I have some on my left shoulder blade that have personal meaning to me and am glad I got them been wanting to balance them out with something on the right blade but just havent gotten around to it. To each their own I say but yeah that Tasmanian Devil that you thought was cool at 18........

Yeah, I remember my brother many years ago when his girl friend at the time broke up with him. He sat around drinking and bemoaning the fact that he still loved her. Finally after enough time drinking and crying the blues he went out and got a tattoo of her name inside a heart on his left upper arm. After that every time I saw him with the tat showing we had a laugh. Finally, years later I saw him with his shirt off and he had the tat reworked into a dragon. Of course we had another laugh.

·
Banned
19,639 Posts
Tats are fine, have several from decades ago. Like Granny's gramps, all faded lines blurred. I don't even notice them after all the decades, but I get a lot of Semper Fi's from others who see the bulldog with ww2 steel pot [ got that one to honor the ww2 guys ]. None were inked while under the influence.

·
Registered
691 Posts
To answer your question Misty, yes I do. It is your body and no one else's concern. I think tats are much more accepted in todays society than in years past. Location could be a concern for employers, as you stated. Welcome to our forum.

21 - 40 of 137 Posts