Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbull...scussions/87018-what-mexican-style-carry.html

That was closed because of Rule #6? I quote: 6. We do not discriminate in regards to religion, race, creed, gender, sexual preference, or national origin, nor will we tolerate, on this forum, those that do. Racial, ethnic, or religious slurs appearing in posts will be removed.

Who slurred? What happened? If someone was really rude I would have said something too but asking a question about something so named for so long that I don't believe had any anti-Mexican feeling attached is silly, plain and simple.....PC at times makes us jumpy and I'm sick of it...please, let's be adults and understand the questions and not try to read the feelings behind them....

I'm in the wrong thread, Moderator, please post in correct spot, thanks.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I understand the answer in post 4 in the closed thread, but I don't get the connection to rule 6? By that definition, the term is a name used to describe a part of history of the Mexican goverment, not a slur against Mexican people.
None of the responses posted seemed to be the least bit derogitory.
I'm as confused as you are HV:confused:

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
We don't see the deleted post

So far as the original post was concerned it certainly sounded like an honest question.

The term may have been used perjoratively elsewhere by some, though it hasn't seemed to have teeth in anything I've read here (at least to this non-Hispanic). Still, the phrase has been used extensively here as a technical term. The definition was not at all apparent from this website, though it's certainly available with a quick Google search. However, Hudsonvalley chose to ask here, and, predictably, he got an honest answer (and I liked the historical post, too) that was neutral in tone.

I don't see the slur either, so I assume that the post that was deleted suggested to the moderators that the thread was likely to (ahem) go South pretty quickly. Deleting the post that stepped over the line removed the evidence, as it were, so we're left scratching our heads.

Without that post we can only make assumptions, but based on observing their behavior over the years I'm confident that the moderators were even-handed and well-reasoned in their action here.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I read the post. There was nothing discriminatory, defamatory, or derogatory. My family is of Italian descent specifically Sicily. If there was a CCW term called the "Sicilian" would my feelings be hurt? NO NO NO. The problem with our society? We are too sensitive to EVERYONE's feelings.

·
Registered
11,153 Posts
I read thru the other thread and it seemed like a fair question. Not sure why it was locked. PC is all around:spankme:

·
Registered
449 Posts
Maybe my hispanic wife will soon SLAP ME for calling her "Colombianita" or Colombian Girl becuase her feelings were hurt. Or maybe I SHOULD BE OFFENDED by my wife when she calls me "Senor Kimber Italiano" NOT......................................

·
Banned
100 Posts
Another ridiculous censor by the moderators of this board who have a "god complex".
And yes, before you send me a nasty E-mail about how this is a privately owned board, blah blah, blah, I am aware of this. But you cannot expect fair debate with crap censorship with no merit.

Maybe whoever locked it can explain? But I doubt they will have the intesinal fortitude to do so.

Roger

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Another ridiculous censor by the moderators of this board who have a "god complex".
And yes, before you send me a nasty E-mail about how this is a privately owned board, blah blah, blah, I am aware of this. But you cannot expect fair debate with crap censorship with no merit.

Maybe whoever locked it can explain? But I doubt they will have the intesinal fortitude to do so.

Roger
Noobs that make statements like that tend to become "ex members" pretty quick.

As far as the OP, maybe it was closed due to the inherent unsafe nature of this type of carry? Hello, Plaxico?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Mr. Moderator this is purely a suggestion.

You may want to think things through a bit more carefully before closing a thread. As people who believe in the 2nd Amendment and in the grand scheme of things, THE US CONSTITUTION, we certainly do not want to go towards the road of promoting the Fairness Doctrine e.g. the Censorship Doctrine.

I also sincerely hope you do not cancel my membership simply because I am posting a critique. That would be just as bad as Censorship it not WORSE.

·
Registered
541 Posts
sounds like i missed something, but i think i can fill in the blanks..

the term described in no way is insulting or derogatory

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
Before you all work yourself up in a tizzy about why the thread was closed, read the explanation in post #13. It was NOT locked because of political correctness. It was closed because some of our members violated the rules repeatedly. When people cannot stop posting BS, we close the thread. What part of the original question was not answered?

Roger
And for that smartass commentary, I will simply say goodbye to you....:mad:

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
Mr. Moderator this is purely a suggestion.

You may want to think things through a bit more carefully before closing a thread. As people who believe in the 2nd Amendment and in the grand scheme of things, THE US CONSTITUTION, we certainly do not want to go towards the road of promoting the Fairness Doctrine e.g. the Censorship Doctrine.

I also sincerely hope you do not cancel my membership simply because I am posting a critique. That would be just as bad as Censorship it not WORSE.
This is a suggestion that we will not be considering. The rules were broken whether you happened to see it before it was removed or not. It was not censorship for the sake of censorship, it was what we have always done when the rules are broken and will continue to do. I can't believe that all of you are ranting and raving over something that you have not made the simplest effort to go back and research. Anyone that has any problems with the reasons for closure is welcome to take it up with me by PM....

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
So.... I guess you were not kidding after all.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I hope people don't bother Bumper with PMs regarding the closure of the silly "Mexican Carry" thread more than they already have. Reasons for its closure were made clear as crystal by QKShooter in the original said thread. I'm an advocate of the Constution and free speech myself, but the reasons for the closure of the thread had nothing to do with censorship, as stated by Bumper. This thread right here has become silly enough itself, and I wouldn't be all that surprised if it were closed as well. At any rate, if anyone is still conerned, I believe if you go back to page 1 of this thread there might be a link to the original "Mexican Carry" thread. If you follow that you may read QKShooter's explanation (the last post), which should calm things down a bit. Jeez everyone. Take care.

·
Administrator
143,739 Posts
Well, I'll Put It Here Also For Those Who May Have Missed It.

Regarding the closure of the Mexican Carry thread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was nothing wrong with the question that was asked.
The thread was NOT closed simply because the question was asked by a member wanting a definition of Mexican Carry.

The thread was closed because the question was answered and unfortunately it then became a magnet for other members to add postings that were discriminatory and offensive toward people of Mexican heritage/nationality.

Which is a violation of Rule #6.

I closed the thread after I deleted the content of the posts that were rule violations.
In place of the member rule violations
I copied and pasted Rule #6.

I left the thread there because the correct answer to the original posted question was posted in post #4.

That was the explanation by Massad Ayoob.

The original post only asked one question.
Once the question was correctly answered then there was no need for the thread to remain open.

A simple question was asked.

The question was answered with the correct answer.

Regarding the posts where the content was deleted.

One was the very mocking youtube video of the Mexican Drive By Shooting titled Mexican Shooting Range.

The other one was mocking the Mexican people using Mexican slang type speech typed the way a member supposed that people from Mexico would talk.

SO...there you have it.

The reason the thread was closed.

I realize that some people have thicker skins and are not offended by jokes or comments or slurs or quips regarding their nationality, religion, race, or other.
Some members do take offense.

Our forum members should not come onto DefensiveCarry - Click on a thread thinking that they are gaining useful and helpful "carry & firearm" information - and then be forced to decide if they personally are offended (or not) with regard to any posted "off topic" comments made about their religion - or their gender - or their nationality...or their race, etc.

No matter if the comment was intended to be light-hearted or "in good fun" or "just a joke."

That is just NOT a decision that they should be required to make on a firearm carry and home and self-defense forum.

·
Banned
13,685 Posts
Here's how I spell appendix.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
The strict moderators on this forum is why I am here. I have broken the rules and received warnings and am glad for it. I support the moderator in the closure in question. I support rules and intelligent debate within context.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.