Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as you guys can see by all my latest post that I have been on a S&W revolver kick lately.
To night I picked up another S&W Revolver.
This one I won't be packing to often because of the size but the trigger is amazing.
This is a Nickel S&W 25-2 in 45 Colt with a 4 inch barrel.
I can't wait to take this out on Thursday for a range run.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
19,272 Posts
Oh no! Not another one! It's getting to be an epidemic. A four-inch would be quite "tote-able."

Am guessing that barrel's been shortened due to the location of the Smith & Wesson roll mark. It would be perfectly centered for a 6-inch barrel. Smith & Wesson would have centered the roll mark on a 4-inch gun.

No matter. It's a good "usin'" length in the rust resistant stainless steel no less. Stupendously fine cartridge too and frequently overlooked here on the Forum. I'd love to have one just like it.

Reactions: Ghost1958 and OD*

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh no! Not another one! It's getting to be an epidemic. A four-inch would be quite "tote-able."

Am guessing that barrel's been shortened due to the location of the Smith & Wesson roll mark. It would be perfectly centered for a 6-inch barrel. Smith & Wesson would have centered the roll mark on a 4-inch gun.

No matter. It's a good "usin'" length in the rust resistant stainless steel no less. Stupendously fine cartridge too and frequently overlooked here on the Forum. I'd love to have one just like it.
Nope, Not stainless …This one is Nickel. I figured the barrel had been shortened to 4 inches. I don't like my barrels any longer than 4 inches.I am not a hunter and like to carry all my gun now and then.

·
Banned
2,268 Posts
You can never have enough wheel guns. I had a lot of S&W's and will probably get a few more but for now I only have one and the rest are Rugers due to the high cost of new Smiths. Enjoy. There is a 625 at my local gun store for the last 8 months and every time I go there I struggle not to trade in two of my semi autos for it. :)

·
Super Moderator
19,272 Posts
Nope, Not stainless …This one is Nickel. I figured the barrel had been shortened to 4 inches. I don't like my barrels any longer than 4 inches.I am not a hunter and like to carry all my gun now and then.
Hmmm...so it is. Nickel can be nearly as good as stainless steel for banishing corrosion. I agree about 4-inch barrels. All barrel lengths are available around here but the 4-inch is my personal favorite for revolvers. Don't currently have a 4-inch N-Frame on hand though have had in the past. Need to rectify that lack of good judgement.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Sweet looking revolver...as was stated earlier...one cannot have to many S&W revolvers (said by the guy with only one S&W revolver...right now).

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Ok.....I am man-crushing on that 45 Colt S&W. That is a nice six-shooter! Congrats!

·
Super Moderator
22,604 Posts
Good looking 'Smith. :hand10:

Somebody knew what they wanted out of a carry gun, shortened the barrel, did the "blackpowder bevel" to the front of the cylinder, thinned & polished the trigger. It looks like industrial hard chrome to me, extremely popular with "shootists" years back. I'd bet the action has been worked on also.

It also looks to have been completely dehorned too.

·
Premium Member
13,765 Posts
Very Nice

1 - 20 of 38 Posts