Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
I don't know what your views on this case are but if you CC you could end up in this position some day.

Story here.

Donation site here.

Lets help out some who exercised his 2A right and is paying the price.
This is more about SD, than 2A. We all understand what can happen, and most prepare for that. While I sympathize with his situation, I will donate to 2A groups that can protect my rights, not someone that used their gun in an SD encounter....

·
Registered
52 Posts
Lawyers can be thieves themselves. Calculations, computations, consultations, 5,000 dollars please, and you don't even know what you got. My good friend is a lawyer and says that the black eye of the law profession is lawyers stealing money from elderly folks funds that their entrusted with. It's a big problem.

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
Someone (armed or not) is beating My head on pavement (which can easily kill and/or cause serious injury) they had best have their affairs in order the MSM "made" this something that it never was IMO

·
Registered
647 Posts
It seems that donating to Zimmerman's defense fund is to pre-suppose his innocence, something I'm not sufficiently informed to do. I think it unlikely that his lawyer will abandon this high profile case due to funding...if he does, shame on him.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Regardless of how you feel about the case, the $ involved should serve as a lesson of why you should notget involved or pull the trigger unless you have absolutely no other choice.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Regardless of how you feel about the case, the $ involved should serve as a lesson of why you should notget involved or pull the trigger unless you have absolutely no other choice.
As the saying goes, "better to be tried by 12 than buried by 6."

Reactions: Ghost1958

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Personally,i don't see this being a 2a issue either,more of SD,like one poster stated.That said,all i've seen,is what the media has printed about this unfortunate situation. I'm not going solely by what they print.They have been known,to not always be exactly truthful on some things.Glad i'm not on the jury.

·
Registered
42,127 Posts
This is more about SD, than 2A. We all understand what can happen, and most prepare for that. While I sympathize with his situation, I will donate to 2A groups that can protect my rights, not someone that used their gun in an SD encounter....
The aftereffects of one case may affect all cases. Maybe he should have taken that pre-trial "Stand your ground" hearing and not have asked for continual delays.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Lets help out some who exercised his 2A right and is paying the price.
The only thing he exercised was his idiotic, alpha-dog, "not on my watch" mentality. I hope he does pay the price for being irresponsible. Pursuing a "threat" in an SUV before getting out and confronting it does not jive with any concept of self-defense/stand your ground in my mind.

Maybe the next neighborhood watch captain will let the LEOs handle it rather than trying to be an LEO themselves.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Just donated $50, Hope it halps

·
Super Moderator
18,826 Posts
Gotta go just now but until I have time to check this out further, the thread is closed. Zimmerman discussion thread were heavily discouraged here some months ago.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.