Defensive Carry banner

401 - 420 of 424 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you are waiting on an order from Bravo Concealment you might want to look at the website. After waiting over a month for my holster I went to their site to look around. They were offering their most popular holsters to ship within 5 days, AND AT A BETTER PRICE. I found this very distasteful that they could have orders waiting and be filling new orders.

In their defense a complaint bought a quick reply and my holster shipped within a day or two of that.
I had noticed this too. After a phone call, I received mine in 3 days.

·
Banned
1,353 Posts
OH MY GOD!

I ordered a Holster from a Member of this Forum and was told it would take about 6 weeks to be shipped. I waited 6 1/2 weeks! Received the holster and it was everything I expected and more!

I would have waited another few weeks if I had known the holster would be so utterly awesome!

I feel like I should send it back and wait another couple weeks!

This is unacceptable!

Unacceptable I tell you!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hello to all of you!
I never realized that any holster manufacturer didn't deliver within a timely fashion. We, at Texas Custom Holsters have always given our customers the best response, and even during the holiday season we have been able to deliver on time. One example of this was a lady that wanted a holster for her husband and she called on December 21st to ask if there was any way she could get it. Although we had cut off our delivery date for Christmas I had the crew expedite a holster and we shipped it to her via overnight and she had it for Christmas. We pride ourselves on customer satisfaction, and we ship all our holsters via Priority Mail with a stated turn around time of 6-8 working days, and usually come in ahead of that! If you go to our web site you can read some of the testimonials that customers have sent us, along with pictures of their mounts.
I hope that any of you looking to mount a gun in your vehicle will check out what we have to offer!

·
Registered
1 Posts
"Our Bandit" Terry Savanich resurfaced

Well at least the name of his former business was accurate!

Add me to the list of people that Terry Savanich from “Our Bandit Leather” has lied to and stolen from.
He resurfaced on E-Bay using the ID of “cam69-427″.

The facts:
Sent him $68.19 on 19Dec14 for a holster he had on E-Bay.
Started receiving e-mails describing delays due to health issues, death in the family, dog run over etc. etc…..
Finally, on 13Jan15, he writes to inform me that he will not be able to ship my holster EVER and would not be refunding my money either. Stated “I don’t have time to refund your money” and suggested I file a claim with E-Bay.
Yes, I have filed complaints with the Ohio BBB, Attorney General’s Office and E-Bay.

Terry Savanich is a liar and thief. Wish I would have found this site before I sent this sorry individual my money.

Holster makers/”Artists”, this is business. A person sends you money and you should deliver the goods as promised. Most of us are very understanding to delays as long as you keep us informed and are civil and reasonable about it. To take a person’s money without fulfilling your end of the contract is called THEFT, not “artistic license”. Take pride in the product you make, be up front with your customers and you’ll never have to worry about making a living, we will flood to your business! Act like a prima donna “artist” and you will loose customers. Lie and steal, you will be called out. If you can’t do this, simply enjoy your art with your friends but do not try to make a business out of it if you aren’t prepared to conduct basic customer service, like answering e-mails/phone calls and delivering the product as promised. Ask yourself “Would I like to be treated this way.”

·
Registered
4 Posts
North Star Holsters

This is just an inquiry about North Star Holsters. I ordered an OWB leather holster on Jan 2 and other than receiving the email from PayPal saying my credit card has been billed, I've received nothing from North Star at all. No delivery date estimate or even an acknowledgement of the order. I waited two weeks and used the contact email at their website and politely asked for an estimated delivery time - no response. I waited another couple of days and emailed Bruce ([email protected]) and again asked politely for current lead times. Again, no response.

I've been down this road before with other products/sellers and frankly, I'm done with this type of customer treatment. I'll wait another day or two before I call my credit card company if someone can assure me that North Star Holsters and Bruce even exist. Has anyone purchased from this company?

Thanks for any input.

Update - I received a response this morning from North Star with a delivery estimate. It takes so little to put a customer's mind at ease. :)

Allan

·
Administrator
143,478 Posts
Glad that you received a response. I checked his website out and he does nice leather work. His business address looks like a private home so he is very likely a one man shop/maker.
Often they get super busy & leather is a natural material. Sometimes if even one holster job goes wrong it's difficult for a lone maker to catch up since the work is time and labor intensive.
Post a photo of your holster on the forum when you get it.

This is just an inquiry about North Star Holsters. I ordered an OWB leather holster on Jan 2 and other than receiving the email from PayPal saying my credit card has been billed, I've received nothing from North Star at all. No delivery date estimate or even an acknowledgement of the order. I waited two weeks and used the contact email at their website and politely asked for an estimated delivery time - no response. I waited another couple of days and emailed Bruce ([email protected]) and again asked politely for current lead times. Again, no response.

I've been down this road before with other products/sellers and frankly, I'm done with this type of customer treatment. I'll wait another day or two before I call my credit card company if someone can assure me that North Star Holsters and Bruce even exist. Has anyone purchased from this company?

Thanks for any input.

Update - I received a response this morning from North Star with a delivery estimate. It takes so little to put a customer's mind at ease. :)

Allan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Glad that you received a response. I checked his website out and he does nice leather work. His business address looks like a private home so he is very likely a one man shop/maker.
Often they get super busy & leather is a natural material. Sometimes if even one holster job goes wrong it's difficult for a lone maker to catch up since the work is time and labor intensive.
Post a photo of your holster on the forum when you get it.
I'll do that. I fully understand the one-man shop (I'm one of those myself) and I'm not in any hurry to get the holster. The simple act of order acknowledgement is all I ever ask for. I can live with delays and product defects as long as they're willing to make it right.

I used to tell my kids when they were growing that silence is the worst form of verbal abuse - so talk to me! :smile:

Allan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Update

I wanted to update the progress on the holster. I just received this in an email this morning:

North Star Holsters sent you money!

$86.00

From North Star Holsters: Hi Alan, I am refunding 86.00 of the 93.50 (-7.50 for shipping)you paid for the holster from NorthStar Holsters. However, I have completed the holster and will be sending this week. I am closing NorthStar Holsters, hence the refund. I apologize for the long delay, and inconvenience. Bruce

Get your money in just a few easy steps. Click the button below to get started.

Claim your money

Claim your $86.00 by Apr 9, 2015 or it will be returned to the sender.

I appreciate the effort Bruce is making and I like the fact that I have until April 9 to accept the refund. If I get the holster and it's what I ordered, I'm not taking his money. Right is right, right? :smile:

Allan

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
I ordered a pair of Thad Rybka Rhodesians back in April, and they came today.

IMG_1658.JPG IMG_1659.JPG

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ordered a pair of holsters from Urban Carry on Nov 10. Their web-site indicated 4-5 week lead time when order was placed. They shipped 4 weeks later.
Their crystal ball is properly calibrated.
Great service.

·
Registered
219 Posts
It took about 4 weeks for Remora to get these to me. They arrived yesterday. I guess there was a mix up on their last batch of Kydex. All is good now.

Remora's IWB.JPG

·
Registered
200 Posts
Man....... I came in here to check on my hilster I ordered a month and some change ago and I see you guys have a serious problem. I'll just back out of this thread now. Lol. Good luck guys.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Finally gave up on Mark Garrity. I have a couple of holsters from him (one was loose and needed restitching) but they both work well and are pretty thin. I think he either has too much going on (but that has been a trend for a decade) or is simply flaky. He cannot seem to deliver on any of his promises and will start to ignore emails eventually. He seems to have no problem going 6-8 months on something he says he has "almost ready" either. I was among the most patient ones but even I have given up on him. It isn't about the money or the wait. It is about getting no responses for months and several emails, and having zero clue if you will ever get your holster after all.

He really should put a big disclaimer on his website, or simply take it down. We all understand that an operation like that is not a big money-maker, but be up front with people and stop with the excuses month after month. It isn't that hard to do, and the constant elusiveness and excuses for months and months and months, really reflects on a person's character. Just be honest with others and yourself. After six months, you also have no recourse to get your money back, even with PayPal. PayPal seems to be the most generous with that timing.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Wow...I mean I've always known there were issues with holster makers, but reading these posts...just wow. I'm lucky I suppose since almost everything I carry is 1911's. I have quite a few holsters I've picked up over the years and the good thing about 1911's is a lot of times, one size fits all. I have found that it's much easier for me to call and ask if they have any completed 1911 holsters in stock that may be a blem or cancelled. I usually get them within a week and a lot of times for a few bucks less. I hope everyone gets their issues fixed soon!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well i am on month 9 of my alessi order. I have called and left MANY messages, sent MANY emails and not one response back this month. At this point I am quite concerned that my order that I paid for in advance, will never go through.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Brigade Gun Leather. Been waiting literally 3 years for a holster. I reached out to him last year, assured it would be done and in my mailbox by Jan of 2016. Called him today, gave me the same health story and mine is right close to front of the line, he gave me in 2014. He didn't charge me so I am not out any money thank God, and it's a real shame because his gear looks really nice and I would have been a repeat customer. Had to cancel my order today, 3 years is just plain wrong.

·
Registered
125 Posts
That's very disturbing and unlike Alessi, that being said I had sent a couple informational emails and got no reply.

Dispute the charge and place an order with Ritchie holsters?
I'm in the same boat as EverydayCarry, 7 months and no holster from Alessi. Sent an email a month ago requesting a refund, no reply. Will call to dispute the charges today and let you know what happens.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Resolved

I'm in the same boat as EverydayCarry, 7 months and no holster from Alessi. Sent an email a month ago requesting a refund, no reply. Will call to dispute the charges today and let you know what happens.
I called my credit card company (Chase Amazon Visa) and they have started to process a credit of $111.00.

Appreciate the thread, as I hadn't thought of disputing the charge.

The credit card co. rep asked if I was promised a delivery time. I told him I didn't recall, but 3 months would have been reasonable, six months is unacceptable and non-returned email requesting a refund is unacceptable as well.

I'll be contacting Ritchie for my holster needs. Iceman recommended them to me in a separate thread and Ritchie provided me a superb holster in a 3 week window as promised. And they did not charge me until they started actually producing the holster.

401 - 420 of 424 Posts